United incorporated elements of travel and flight in the lounge, including spherical globe lighting and restroom mirrors shaped similar to Boeing 787 Dreamliner windows. (Read more: Onboard United's Inaugural 787 Dreamliner Flight)
And the floor to ceiling windows provide a view out to the tarmac and runways.
Other amenities in the lounge include:
- Complimentary bar service, beverages and light snacks
- Agent assistance with reservations, seat assignments and electronic ticketing
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access
- Telephones with data ports for computer usage
- Free local phone calls and use of copier and fax machines
- Conference rooms with speakerphones and DVD players
- Current periodicals and newspapers
United is spending more than $50 million in 2013 to renovate several of the airline's 51 United Club locations, partly funded by an increase in membership rates. (Read more: United's Annual Lounge Rates to Increase by $25 for Individuals)
The next cities slated for new lounges or renovation include San Diego, Seattle, Houston, London, San Francisco, Atlanta and Boston.