Tim Seymour tells the Fast Money panel that he isn’t surprised. He says it’s all about accountability.
> Read more about the Bear Stearns Probe
A WHALE OF A DAY:
The headline: Heavy Wall Street Whale Action Thursday With Ackman Buying Sears, Whitworth Pressing Sprint Nextel. Plus, in late breaking news, The Wall Street Journal reports that Sprint (S) has launched a hunt for a CEO successor. The company is hoping to have someone in place by December.
Ralph Whitworth, Activist Investor
- Runs Relational Investors, LCC
- Says he has "lost confidence" in Sprint Nextel CEO Gary Forsee
- Owns 1.9% of Sprint Nextel outstanding shares
Pete Najarian doesn’t think there’s a quick fix for Sprint. However, he sees the late news as a move in the right direction.
Jeff Macke thinks Sprints a buy.
Bill Ackman, Activist Investor
- Runs Pershing Square Capital Mgmt. L.P.
- Disclosed 5 Million share stake in Sears Holding (SHLD) Thursday
Karen Finerman explains Ackman and Eddie Lampert have a history of not getting along so well. She expects to see an ego clash.