WARSAW (Thomson Financial) - Warsaw shares are expected to open higher on better global sentiment, and after mid-sized lender BZ WBK's net profit jumped 33 pct in the third quarter, only slightly missing market forecasts.
The blue-chip WIG20 index ended Tuesday up 0.01 pct at 3,796.64, while the broad-based WIG was 0.38 pct lower at 61,527.41.
FORTHCOMING EVENTS (All times CET) Today - Finance Ministry holds 1.5-2.0 bln zloty 5-year bond tender.
- Oficial reserves for October. (1400) - Railway company ZNTK w Lapach debuts on Warsaw bourse.
- ING Bank Slaski holds presser on Q3 results. (1130) Tomorrow - Multimedia posts Q3 results, holds presser at 1000.
- Real-estate developer J.W.Construction posts Q3 results, holds presser at 1100.
- Broadcaster TVN posts Q3 results, holds presser at 1200.
- Mobile operator PTC post Q3 results, holds presser at 1200.
- Construction company Polimex Mostostal posts Q3 results, holds presser at 1300.
TODAY'S PRESS - Court said regulator cannot freely interfere with telecom TPSA's price scheme. (Dziennik) - Chemicals company Ciech plans to spend 100 mln zlotys on investments in 2008. (Puls Biznesu) - Poland's ad market will grow 11 pct to 6.6 bln zlotys in 2007.
(Rzeczpospolita) - Developer JW Construction plans substantially bigger profits year-on-year in 2008. (Rzeczpospolita) - Computer maker Optimus plans foreign expansion, to come back to top spot in Poland. (Parkiet) COMPANIES - BZ WBK net profit jumps 33 pct in Q3, slightly misses forecast on provisions.
- Copper miner KGHM sacks investments deputy CEO Bylicki.
- TVN expected to raise Q3 sales, but bond revaluation to spark high loss.
- TVN expects revenues to grow faster than TV ad market in 2008 - CEO.
- Bank PKO BP profit should rise 9 pct in Q3 on higher lending, mutual funds.
- Agora Sept sales of flagship daily Gazeta Wyborcza drop 1.5 pct year-on-year.
- Bank Handlowy net profit rises by almost a quarter in Q3 on higher fee income.
- Warsaw bourse in talks on strategic alliance with 'large' exchange - CEO.
- Asseco Poland CEO says to beat expectations; sees 65 mln eur profit in 2008.
- KBC grants 'buy' to two Polish banks, puts three others at 'hold'.
ECONOMIC - Polish central bank chief says forecast Oct inflation rise a surprise.
- Polish PM-in-waiting to take 'cautious' approach on euro, warmer EU relations.
email@example.com +48 22 4472436 ak1/cw COPYRIGHT Copyright Thomson Financial News Limited 2007. All rights reserved.
The copying, republication or redistribution of Thomson Financial News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Financial News.