Our top picks of timely offers from our partnersMore details
Some of the offers below may no longer be available. Check out the latest United card welcome bonuses here.
Chase and United Airlines announced the release of the United Club℠ Infinite Card on March 16, 2020. While the timing may seem a bit odd due to airlines canceling flights amid coronavirus concerns, the launch was likely in the works for months.
If you're a loyal United flyer, you may be interested in this card since it boasts a 100,000-mile welcome bonus after you spend $5,000 in purchases in the first three months from account opening. The United Club Infinite Card also offers the highest rewards rate on United purchases of any United credit card — 4X miles per dollar spent.
Below, Select breaks down what you should know about the United Club Infinite Card and how it compares to other Chase co-branded United cards, such as the United Club℠ Card.
United Club Infinite Card holders earn 4X miles per $1 spent on United purchases, 2X miles per $1 spent on all other travel and dining and 1X mile per $1 spent on all other purchases. These rewards rates top other United cards that only offer 2X miles per dollar spent on United purchases.
There's also a generous welcome bonus: Earn 100,000 bonus miles after you make $5,000 in purchases in the first three months from account opening.
The United Club Infinite Card offers a variety of benefits that are helpful for loyal United Airlines travelers:
- No foreign transaction fees
- United Club membership with access to over 45 United Club locations and participating Star Alliance™ affiliated lounges worldwide (up to a $650 value per year)
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck(TM) fee credit every four years
- 25% back on United in-flight purchases (includes Wi-Fi, food and beverages)
- Free first and second checked bags on United flights
- Exclusive cardmember benefits with Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection
- Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President's Circle status, which provides a 50% bonus on Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points, upgrades and exclusive offers
- Visa Infinite concierge services, offering 24/7 personalized assistance for travel planning, dinner reservations, event tickets and more
- No blackout dates when redeeming miles, so you can fly without travel date restrictions
- Travel benefits: Trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance, baggage delay insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, trip delay reimbursement and auto rental collision damage waiver
- Protections for purchases, returns and extended warranty coverage
- Exclusive events with Inside Access from Chase and United MileagePlus events
The United Club Infinite Card comes with $0 introductory annual fee, which then rises to a steep $525 after the first year. Though there is a year of no annual fee whatsoever, $525 is the highest annual fee among any United credit card and is $75 more than the similar United Club Card's $450 annual fee.
Before you apply, consider whether you can recoup the annual fee after using it for one year. If you plan to take full advantage of the card benefits that can easily receive a dollar value, then it may make sense to choose the United Club Infinite Card.
For instance, the United Club membership is worth up to $650 per year, which entirely offsets the annual fee. If you plan on using the eligible lounges, this is a simple way to ensure the annual fee is worth it.
If you're loyal to United Airlines and frequently travel by air, the United Club℠ Infinite Card can allow you to earn miles faster than any other United card. Plus the new welcome bonus can allow you to maximize rewards and offset the cost of upcoming travel.
Keep in mind the $525 annual fee you pay in the second year doesn't make sense for everyone. If you plan on taking full advantage of the card's perks, such as free first and second checked bags and United Club membership, you can offset the cost. But if you don't plan on using those benefits, you may be better off with one of the lower annual fee United cards, like the United℠ Explorer Card.
If you don't favor one airline over another or don't fly often, consider looking into general travel credit cards that provide cash back, points or miles on all your purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, or travel cards with no annual fee.
Information about the United Club℠ Card has been collected independently by Select and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuers of the cards prior to publication.