1. SpaceX The company that wants to send you to space and colonize Mars.
2. Warby Parker Taking on the Luxottica eyewear machine.
3. Etsy A big voice for small artisans.
4. Motif Investing Building theme-based portfolios online.
5. Palantir Technologies Silicon Valley's CIA operative.
6. GitHub Cracking the code on collaboration.
7. Aereo The company TV hopes will die.
Reprogramming cells to fight disease.
9. Spotify The most controversial act in music.
10. Uber The 21st-century taxi service.
11. Zuora A renewal in the subscription business model.
12. ChargePoint Putting the gas station out of business.
13. Dataminr The search for intelligence on Twitter.
14. Skybox Imaging The spy who came into the Google fold.
15. Stripe The start-up challenging PayPal.
16. TransferWise Getting bankers out of the forex biz.
17. Personal Capital A 360-degree view of your finances.
18. Quirky Crowdsourcing an idea for basement tinkerers.
19. Pure Storage Predicting a flash flood of data.
20. Wealthfront Silicon Valley's plan to oust wealth managers.
21. Fullscreen YouTube's hot multichannel talent network.
22. EcoMotors Turning the engine inside out, in Detroit's backyard.
23. Shape Security Putting organized cybercrime out of biz.
24. Dropbox The 800-pound gorilla in the cloud IPO room.
25. Cool Planet Energy Systems From farm to fuel, and back to farm.
26. AngelList Getting disruptors the money they need to disrupt.
27. BrightRoll Betting detergent ads on TV won't wash.
28. Yext Resurrecting the Yellow Pages.
29. DocuSign Sign on the dotted e-line.
30. Apptio A cloud-based Peter Drucker.
31. Nebula A cloud storage device the size of a pizza box.
32. Pinterest The world's bulletin board.
33. Lending Club Borrowing without banks.
34. Redfin The only real estate broker who hates commissions.
35. Coinbase The closest thing bitcoin has to a central bank.
36. Hampton Creek Foods The egg comes first; no chicken necessary.
37. Bill.com Making sure the check's never in the mail again.
38. Rent The Runway Nice dress. Can I borrow it?
39. Nexmo How billion-dollar start-ups text.
40. Fon The Airbnb meets Uber and Aereo of Wi-Fi.
41. Airbnb The newest idea in room service: renting one.
42. MongoDB Solving humongous data problems.
43. Oscar Health insurance for the Obamacare era.
44. Kumu Networks A much-needed boost for wireless networks.
45. Betterment Robo-advising for the masses.
46. Kymeta Bill Gates' next potential blockbuster.
47. Twilio Riding the mobile-app wave.
48. Snapchat The app for selfie photo lovers.
49. Kickstarter Cashing in from the crowd.
50. Birchbox Free samples, for a price.