Attention, hot dog fans. July 23 is National Hot Dog Day.
Well, sort of. Technically, the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council designated July 14 as the big day this year, but many restaurants are celebrating this Saturday, the day it was held last year.
So, if you're looking to score a discount on grilled dogs, you're in luck. There are plenty of special deals this weekend.
"Nothing says summertime more than a grilled hot dog," Alex Macedo, president of Burger King North America, said in a statement. "So we're kicking off National Hot Dog Day with a bang for just a buck, giving everyone a new reason to come in and try Grilled Dogs if they haven't already."
In the first quarter, the chain saw sales grow 4.6 percent — a move it attributed to product launches and promotions like its Grilled Dogs, which debuted as a permanent menu item back in February. The addition made Burger King the biggest fast-food business to sell hot dogs.
Hot dog fans can choose either a Classic Grilled Dog or a Chili Cheese Grilled Dog for just $1 on Saturday.
Burger King, a unit of Restaurant Brands International, isn't the only restaurant offering deals on dogs Saturday. Here's a round-up of where to snag free or discounted hot dogs:
- Philly Pretzel Factory is offering up $1 Pretzel Dogs at participating locations.
- 7-Eleven will be selling its Quarter Pound Big Bites for $1.
- Loyalty rewards members of Ben's Soft Pretzels can buy one Pretzel Dogs, get one free throughout the month of July and customers can enter online for a chance to win a dozen free Pretzel Dogs.
- Beer Park in Las Vegas will be giving customers a complimentary hot dog with the purchase of a Budweiser Signature Draught on Saturday.
- Dog Haus will sell $1 Hot Dog Sliders and Corn Dog Sliders.
- Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries is slated to sell its fire-engine red hot dogs for $1 on Saturday.
- The Fort Myers' Nathan's Famous location will offer guests a 5-cent hot dog when they order one at regular price.
- Get two Classic Dogs for $5 at Wayback Burgers on Saturday.