Federal charges against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort include conspiracy to commit money laundering, failure to file reports regarding foreign bank and financial accounts, and conspiracy to defraud the United States.
Business partner Rick Gates was also indicted. They were the first indictments made public in the Russia probe led by special counsel and former FBI director Robert Mueller.
Court filings, released later on Monday, revealed that a former advisor to President Trump, George Papadopoulos, was arrested in July and pleaded guilty on Oct. 5 to lying to FBI agents.
These are the 12 charges against Manafort and Gates:
- One count of conspiracy to defraud the United States
- One count of conspiracy to launder money
- Manafort faces four counts of failure to report foreign bank and financial accounts. Gates separately faces three counts of failure to report foreign bank and financial accounts.
- One count of acting as unregistered foreign agents of the Ukrainian government, the Party of Regions and former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych
- One count of making false and misleading statement related to the foreign agents registration act
- One count of making false statements in submissions to the Department of Justice
Here's the indictment against the two men.