- Facebook now lets you delete messages from old Messenger chats.
- It was a feature only Mark Zuckerberg used to have.
- CNBCs Todd Haselton shows you how to delete old messages from Facebook Messenger.
If you've sent messages you might regret, or if you just want to clean up your older chat history, you can easily delete select messages.
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your phone or desktop.
- Open a conversation with messages you'd like to delete.
- Press and hold on a message, or select the three dots menu icon on desktop.
- Select "remove" next to the message.
- Select "remove for everyone" -- that makes sure that the messages disappear from the inboxes of the people you sent them to, not just from your own. You have 10 minutes to delete a newer message.
That's it. Soon you'll have the same power that once belonged to Zuckerberg alone. That said, in our tests it looks like some Messenger users don't have the updated mobile app yet. Facebook said it'll roll out by the end of the day Tuesday.