We've been getting away with operating on the cheap for decades, but now it's killing us. The problem isn't that the SEC is wasting its resources, it's that it doesn't have enough resources.
I reported, you voted, and the overwhelming winner of last week's "Call of Shame" is the SEC. You also emailed.
Irish police and corporate fraud investigators have raided the headquarters of Anglo Irish Bank in Dublin in search of records to document suspicious cash transfers.
The trustee in charge of untangling the mess brought on by the Bernard Madoff scandal told investors Friday there was no indication the disgraced financier bought securities for his clients.
Today we introduce a weekly segment, "The Call of Shame", for CNBC's "The Call". It will highlight the lowlights and lowlifes in business and finance. This week's nominees are.......
FBI agents served the complaint from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Texas billionaire Allen Stanford in Virginia, an FBI spokesman said on Thursday.
The Securities and Exchange Commission obtained a court order halting an alleged Ponzi scheme by Hawaii-based Billions Coupons and its CEO Marvin R. Cooper that was targeting members of the Deaf community in the U.S. and Japan.
The head of Stanford Financial Group charged with orchestrating an $8 billion fraud tried Tuesday to get a one-way flight out of the country, a source told CNBC.
The sports world is reeling today after the SEC accused Robert Allen Stanford of the Stanford Financial Group of massive fraud.
Stopping what it called a “massive ongoing fraud,” the Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday accused Robert Allen Stanford, the chief of the Stanford Financial Group, of fraud in the sale of about $8 billion of high-yielding certificates of deposit held in the firm’s bank in Antigua, the New York Times reports.
Arthur Nadel, the Florida money manager who briefly went missing last month after the six hedge funds he ran collapsed in an alleged "mini-Madoff" scheme, will remain behind bars at least awhile longer.
Nicholas Cosmo, the Long Island man accused by federal prosecutors of running a $380 million Ponzi scheme, was granted a 30-day continuance by United States District Court Judge Thomas E. Boyle on Friday.
Federal prosecutors say disgraced Florida hedge fund manager Arthur Nadel wrote letters home while he was fleeing from authorities last month, including one telling his family he "really anticipated" being labeled a "Mini-Madoff."
Nicholas Cosmo, the Long Island man accused of running a $380 million Ponzi scheme will appear in Federal Court in Central Islip, New York on Friday.
The attorney for former Enron CEO Jeffrey Skilling says he will appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, now that an appellate court has denied his request to re-hear the case.
Debra Ryan, the girlfriend of Samuel Israel III, convicted in a $400 million fraud involving the collapse of the hedge fund firm Bayou Group, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to aiding his escape.
Alleged ponzi-schemer Bernard Madoff's Upper East Side Manhattan penthouse is getting new monitoring equipment in compliance with a court order.
Nicholas Cosmo, the Long Island native accused of running a $380 million Ponzi scheme, is switching attorneys and may bring on Stacey Richman, a prominent defense attorney whose former clients include prominent rap stars, among others.
Whistleblower Harry Markopolos, whose warnings about the Madoff scandal fell on deaf ears at the Securities and Exchange Commission for years, has provided the SEC's Inspector General with new information about an alleged "mini-Madoff" fraud that is still underway, CNBC has learned.
The names of several thousand clients who lost money investing with Bernard Madoff have been released in a court filing that reads like a Who's Who: former Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Sandy Koufax, actor Kevin Bacon and even Madoff's defense lawyer.