How can investors profit from health care? Uri Landesman, president of Platinum Partners, and Doug Roberts, chief investment strategist at Channel Capital Research, shared their favorite plays on the sector.
“You have a group of stocks that have made a slow transition from growth to value,” Roberts told CNBC.
“They are all incredibly cheap based on growth and they had a huge overhang from the Obama health care legislation.”
Roberts added that there’s potential for dividend increases and share buybacks for big pharma stocks. (Scroll down to see his full picks.)
In the meantime, Landesman advised investors to take advantage of the accelerating pace of M&A within the health care space, and added that he sees upside in the small-cap tech and biotech areas.
Scorecard—What They Said:
- Landesman's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Sept. 28, 2010)
- Roberts' Previous Appearance on CNBC (Oct. 12, 2010)
More Market Intelligence:
- Top Traders' Best Plays Before the Elections
- Markets Will 'March Higher': Stock Pickers
- These Firms Have 'Good Future Prospects': Stock Picker
CNBC Data Pages:
Roberts’ family owns positions in MRK and PFE.
Landesman’s firm owns shares of CMVT, VRNT and NEOP.