[This stream has ended.]
President Donald Trump delivered his first State of the Union address to Congress on Tuesday night.
He highlighted positive economic developments and touted initiatives such as the Republican tax-cut bill the president signed into law in December.
Trump also laid out his vision for reforming the nation's infrastructure and ensured what he considers "fair" trade with other nations.
Earlier Tuesday, reports surfaced suggesting that Trump would use especially sharp language regarding rogue state North Korea and its nuclear-weapons program.
- Trump departs from his usual harsh tone and promises a time of optimism and cooperation
- North Korea's 'reckless pursuit' of nuclear weapons could soon threaten the US, Trump says
- Trump makes his immigration case to a skeptical CongressTrump touts repeal of individual mandate in 'disastrous Obamacare'
- Trump calls for $1.5 trillion infrastructure bill during State of the Union
- Trump vows to stop 'scourge' of opioid epidemic, calls for crackdown on drug dealers
- Sonny Perdue is the designated survivor for the State of the Union address
- Activists light up Trump hotel before State of Union: 'Donald Trump harassed or assaulted' 20 women