Case 1: The Imposter: Dr. Barnes
- The Deception
- The story is almost unbelievable... Dr. Gerald Barnes has a thriving practice. He specializes in "executive" medical exams. His salary is six-figures and life is good. But there's a problem: he's not the real Dr. Gerald Barnes.
- The Diagnoses
- His charade turns deadly. The imposter doctor misdiagnoses a 29-year-old patient. Within a couple of days, the patient loses his life.
- The Wife
- A romantic courtship -- "Dr. Barnes" marries an unsuspecting Lisa Roberts. The doctor and his wife have everything going for them -- until she finds out the truth. Lisa is shocked and shattered.
- The Real Dr. Barnes
- "American Greed" speaks with the real Dr. Barnes whose identity was stolen.
Case 2: The Interstate Bank Mart Bandit
- The Hold Up
- An Indianapolis bank is robbed. It happens again in Louisville and Lexington. The M.O. is the same. Fourty-three robberies in 20 months. Police say it's the work of one man: The Interstate Bank Mart Bandit.
- The Bandit
- His disguise is simple, his notes threatening and he's a master at making a getaway on the "interstates" in a five state area.
- The Accomplice
- The Bandit lives a dual-life -- one with a wife and child and the other with a girlfriend-turned-getaway driver.
- The Capture
- Discover his true identity and the by-chance incidents that led to the arrest of one of the country's most prolific bank robbers only on "American Greed"