Our top picks of timely offers from our partnersMore details
The Uber Eats Pass benefit mentioned below is no longer available.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
To ease the cost of ordering food delivery, American Express is now offering select U.S. consumer cardmembers the ability to enroll in a complimentary Uber Eats Pass membership for up to 12 months.
If you’ve been ordering more food delivery amid coronavirus, this new perk can ease the burden of expensive delivery fees and service charges when you order takeout from the Uber Eats app.
With the Uber Eats Pass membership, you may be able to have delivery fees waived and benefit from other money-saving perks.
Here are the eligible consumer American Express cards:
- American Express® Green Card
- American Express® Gold Card
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
Eats Pass is a monthly subscription service through Uber Eats that provides unlimited $0 delivery fees and 5% off eligible restaurant orders over $15. Plus you can receive $0 delivery fees on grocery deliveries over $30 in select markets.
The complimentary one-year membership is worth up to $119 since Eats Pass normally costs $9.99 per month. Eligible card members must enroll by December 31, 2021.
In order to take advantage of the Uber Eats Pass offer, follow these steps:
- Download or update to the latest version of the Uber Eats App.
- Open the app and add your eligible American Express card to the Wallet. If your eligible card is already loaded, just open the Uber Eats app.
- Claim your complimentary Uber Eats Pass in the app and confirm enrollment.
In addition to offering Eats Pass on U.S. consumer Green, Gold and Platinum cards, Amex Gold card members will soon receive $10 in Uber Cash each month for up to $120 in annual savings after adding the card to their Uber account. This new perk will start in early 2021. You’ll be able to use Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S.
“We know our card members’ lifestyles have shifted over the past several months, with many traveling locally and bringing dining experiences home through their favorite food delivery services," Rachel Stocks, EVP of Global Premium Products and Benefits at American Express, tells Select. "The new Uber offerings coming to the Gold Card will provide card members with rich and relevant value to enhance their lifestyles today and in the future."
This addition to the Gold card is similar to the $200 Uber Cash perk already offered to Platinum card members. To take advantage of these Uber Cash offers, your card must be added as a payment method in your Uber account. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to basic card member only.
- New Amex Platinum card members earn up to 10X points on eligible purchases, plus an elevated 75,000-point welcome bonus
- Amex Gold card is offering its highest-ever welcome bonus worth 60,000 points—here's how you can earn it
- American Express opens largest Centurion Lounge in JFK airport, and the first with 2 floors
- Amex adds new travel offers to Membership Rewards cards and enhances travel resource hub
For rates and fees of the American Express® Green Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the American Express® Gold Card, click here.
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, click here.
Information about the American Express® Green Card has been collected independently by Select and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of the card prior to publication.