Joe Biden is now the president-elect of the United States after his projected win in Pennsylvania, according to NBC News. He has won 279 electoral votes, surpassing the 270-vote threshold needed to win.
President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris called for unity and healing in their first address to a bitterly divided nation Saturday night, and promised to unveil a team of scientists and experts on Monday who will advise them in their response to the raging coronavirus pandemic.
President Donald Trump is refusing to accept the results of the election.
Here's what you need to know:
- Joe Biden, in his first speech as president-elect, urges healing and unity
- Vice President-elect Kamala Harris says Americans chose truth
- President Donald Trump has refused to accept the election results
- Biden zeroed in on his home state — and it delivered him the presidency
- U.S. reported record Covid cases day the election ended. It may get worse
- Crowds celebrate in NYC and across the U.S., but docs worry about Covid
- Business community pledges to help Biden rebuild economy
- Here's how the world is reacting to Biden's victory