Our top picks of timely offers from our partnersMore details
The offer mentioned below is no longer available.
Chase is enticing Americans to gear up for travel with its new offer on the co-branded IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card.
New IHG Rewards Club Premier cardholders will earn a welcome bonus worth 150,000 points when they spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. However, the elevated welcome bonus ends Dec. 1.
Stir-crazy travelers itching for a vacation should hurry if they want a credit card that can save them serious cash on upcoming trips.
Our best selections in your inbox. Shopping recommendations that help upgrade your life, delivered weekly. Sign-up here.
The IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card already ranks as the best hotel credit card for stays at properties within the Intercontinental Hotel Group. That includes Holiday Inn, Regent Hotels and Kimpton Hotels.
You can only qualify for the bonus if you don't currently have the card and have not received a new welcome bonus for the card in the past 24 months.
Select has the details on the new welcome bonus available through Dec. 1:
- Welcome offer bonus ending on Dec. 1: 150,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening.
- Previous offer: Earn 125,000 bonus points plus a Reward Night after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
- Verdict: The new offer rewards new cardholders with 25,000 more points for the same spending requirement, but the extra Reward Night no longer comes with the new welcome offer.
How you can redeem points: Use your IHG points to offset the cost of your next stay at over 6,000 hotels and resorts worldwide. Points are worth varying amounts depending on location, but 150,000 points could be redeemed for an up-to-five-night stay at the Hotel Indigo Williamsburg-Brooklyn, three nights at the Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach or two nights at the newest of downtown Austin hotels, the Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt.
The IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card comes with a number of travel perks you don't want to miss, including:
- Platinum Elite status, which gives cardholders access to room upgrades, late checkout and other perks
- Your fourth reward night is free when you redeem points for any stay of four or more nights
- One Reward Night at eligible IHG hotels worldwide after each account anniversary year, up to 40,000 points
- Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit of up to $100 every four years
If you can reasonably meet the bonus spending requirements and plan on making a stay at an IHG property, signing up for the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card is quick way to amass a ton of points that can be used for free nights at the hotel chain. The Premier card has an $89 annual fee, but it's waived for the first year of card membership. Make sure to factor that cost into your decision.
Those who aren't loyal to a particular hotel chain or brand may want to consider a general travel card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or the no-annual-fee Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card.