Our top picks of timely offers from our partnersMore details
College students looking for an easy way to earn $100 should consider the Chase College Checking℠ account. Chase will pay you $100 after you make 10 qualifying transactions, like debit card purchases or direct deposits, within 60 days of coupon enrollment (offer ends 4/17/2024).
This account also allows you to save money on fees: While you’re enrolled in college, Chase will waive the $6 monthly fee, up to five years. That’s up to $360 in savings that can help out when money is tight.
Here’s what you need to know about the Chase College Checking account, from APY, access to your cash, perks and fees.
Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
$5,000 to waive monthly service fee
$6 monthly service fee; no monthly service fee for up to 5 years if you're a student between the ages of 17 to 24 at account opening with proof of student status
Free ATM network
More than 15,000 Chase ATMs
ATM fee reimbursement
With Chase Overdraft Assist℠, Chase doesn't charge an Overdraft Fee if you're overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the business day OR if you're overdrawn by more than $50 and you bring your account balance to overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the next business day (you have until 11 PM ET, 8 PM PT, to make a deposit or transfer). Chase Overdraft Assist does not require enrollment and comes with eligible Chase checking accounts
Mobile check deposit
Deposits won’t earn interest with this checking account.
You can withdraw money daily at an ATM or visit one of 4,700 Chase branches. Zelle is also integrated into the Chase app, so you can send and receive money in minutes.
Debit card purchases are limited to $3,000 per day. ATM withdrawals have several restrictions, depending on the ATM:
- Chase in-branch ATM limit: $3,000
- Other Chase ATM limit: $1,000
- Non-Chase ATM limit: $500
- Earn a $100 bonus, after completing 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. Eligible transactions include debit card purchases, online bill payments and Chase QuickPay® with Zelle®. (offer ends 4/17/2024)
- No deposit required to open an account.
- Top-rated mobile app, with 4.8 out of 5 stars on the Apple® App Store.
- Zelle is integrated directly into the Chase mobile app, allowing you to send and receive money within minutes.
- Over 15,000 Chase ATMs, allowing you to deposit or withdraw cash without fees.
- Mobile check deposit, allowing you to conveniently upload photos of checks and deposit them from within the Chase mobile app.
The Chase College Checking account comes with many standard checking account fees, but there are ways to avoid them. The $6 monthly maintenance fee can be waived if you’re a college student 17 to 24 at account opening. You just need to show proof of enrollment, which can be a valid student ID or acceptance letter.
The fee is only waived for college students up to five years, so you’ll need to meet one of these requirements to keep the fee waiver after that:
- Make one direct deposit each month or
- Maintain an average daily balance of at least $5,000.
The $3.00 to $5 ATM fee can be avoided when you use one of the 15,000+ of Chase’s ATMs.
The Chase College Checking account can help college students avoid pesky monthly maintenance fees and even let you earn $100. Account holders have the flexibility to bank online, with a top-rated mobile app and Zelle access, and at over 4,700 branches in over 30 states.
- Benefit from no monthly fees and an above average APY with the Capital One 360 Checking Account
- Earn up to $360 in cash back every year with the Discover® Cashback Debit Checking
- Earn cash back on select deals with the Bank of America Advantage Plus Banking® account
- Earn up to 6 times more interest on your deposits with the Ally Bank Spending Account