Our top picks of timely offers from our partnersMore details
The offers mentioned below is no longer available.
Chase announced some limited-time changes to its travel-focused Sapphire cards, offering cardholders enhanced rewards rates on spending with Instacart, at gas stations and on select streaming services, starting July 1 through Sept. 30, 2020. These updates come just as the bonus points on grocery purchases for Sapphire and co-branded cards end today, June 30, 2020.
A Chase spokesperson confirmed that cardholders don't need to take any action to benefit from the new rewards rates since the changes are automatic.
Below, Select shares the details on the new Chase Sapphire benefits, so you can start maximizing rewards.
The new rewards rates apply to all Instacart delivery and pickup orders, up to $3,000 in spending from July 1 through Sept. 30, 2020.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: 3x points (previously 1X)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®: 5x points (previously 1X)
In addition to higher rewards rates, cardholders receive up to $50 in statement credits toward an annual or monthly Instacart Express membership ($99 and $9.99, respectively). This provides you with $0 delivery fees and reduced service fees on orders of $35 or more. Learn more at instacart.com/chase-sapphire.
Purchases made at gas stations can benefit from increased rewards on up to $1,500 in spending from July 1 through Sept. 30, 2020.
- Sapphire Preferred: 3x points (previously 1X)
- Sapphire Reserve: 5x points (previously 1X)
The new rewards rates apply to select streaming subscriptions, such as Spotify and Netflix, up to $1,500 in spending from July 1 through Sept. 30, 2020.
- Sapphire Preferred: 5x points (previously 1X)
- Sapphire Reserve: 10x points (previously 1X)
You can learn more about these benefits at Chase.com/SapphireBeyond.
This news comes on the heels of Chase debuting its Pay Yourself Back feature, which gives 25% to 50% more value to Ultimate Rewards points that are redeemed for statement credits on purchases at grocery stores, dining and home improvement stores through Sept. 30, 2020.
In addition to rewards changes, existing Sapphire Reserve cardholders who have renewal dates throughout the rest of 2020 will not have to pay the card's increased $550 annual fee. You'll either receive a $100 credit to offset the fee to $450 (renewal dates between April 1 through July 31, 2020) or you just pay $450 (renewal dates between Aug. 1 through Dec. 31, 2020).
- Chase Sapphire Preferred and Reserve cards launch massive new welcome bonuses
- Chase and Peloton partner to offer Sapphire card members up to $120 in statement credits for Peloton membership
- Chase Sapphire Preferred is offering a massive 80,000-point bonus for a limited-time
- How to use the Chase Pay Yourself Back tool and maximize points by 25% to 50%
- How credit card issuers classify purchases for bonus rewards