Our top picks of timely offers from our partnersMore details
If you're often first in line to buy tickets to see your favorite band or the buzziest new movie, a credit card offering entertainment perks can save you over a hundred dollars a year. These cards offer increased rewards on entertainment events and exclusive access to presales, premium seating and venue lounges.
Below, Select takes an in-depth look at three of the best cards for entertainment spending as well as the added entertainment perks issuers provide to all cardholders, regardless of whether you have an entertainment rewards card.
Entertainment rewards credit cards offer bonus rewards on all your entertainment related purchases, whether that's concerts, plays, movies or sporting events — in some cases even streaming services. Bonus rewards means a cardholder earns a minimum of 2% cash back or 2X points per dollar spent.
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card offers 4% cash back on entertainment, which is one of the highest rewards rates available. This card tops our list of the best credit cards for entertainment spending.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a high 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, which include popular services like Netflix, Hulu, Spotify and Prime Video Unlimited. Terms apply.
And if you want to save at movie theaters and on TV, internet and streaming services (which includes 15 providers such as Comcast, Apple Music and Hulu), the U.S. Bank Cash+® Visa Signature® Card offers 5% cash back on two bonus categories each quarter, on your first $2,000 in combined eligible net purchases, then 1%. So, you can select both categories and benefit from increased rewards.
Depending on what type of rewards credit card you have — cash back, points or miles — you can redeem rewards for statement credit, gift cards, travel, merchandise and more.
Entertainment rewards credit cards often offer enhanced perks for various events and may even offer elevated rewards.
In addition to 4% cash back on entertainment, the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card offers cardholders who buy tickets through Vivid Seats, a ticket resale site, 8% cash back (through January 2023), which is double what you'd typically earn.
Beyond entertainment-specific cards, many card issuers and networks also provide access to exclusive entertainment events, ticket presales, premium seating, lounge access and more. To take advantage of these perks, you simply need to be a cardholder.
- American Express: Cardholders can benefit from exclusive experiences, such as tickets to see the Eagles and Blake Shelton, with the Amex entertainment access benefit. And as the official card of Ticketmaster, Amex cardholders can access premium seating and presales at many events. Plus, there are special By Invitation Only® events exclusively for The Platinum Card® from American Express and Centurion® members. Terms apply.
- Capital One: Take advantage of exclusive access to various music events, such as the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball and Taylor Swift's tour. You can benefit from VIP packages, on-site cardholder lounges and more.
- Citi: The Citi Entertainment benefit provides early access and special perks at music, theater, dining and sports events, such as Keith Urban in Las Vegas, Broadway shows and the Basketball Hall of Fame showcase.
- Chase: With Chase Experiences, you can benefit from premier event access to concerts, shows, sports and dining events. Plus enjoy special offers at select venues including food, beverage and merchandise discounts and Chase Lounge access, when available.
- Mastercard: Cards with the Mastercard logo receive access to Priceless, which provides various entertainment events from art and culture experiences, such as a show at Carnegie Hall, to early access to Off-Broadway two-for-one tickets, MLB games and much more.
Since entertainment is such a big expense ($3,269 annually or roughly $272 monthly) for the average American, it can be a good idea to consider a card that offers higher rewards on entertainment spending. The cards mentioned above can save you over $100 annually on concerts, movies and other entertainment events, making these memorable experiences more affordable.
Even if you're not sure whether an entertainment credit card is the best option, you can choose a card from an issuer or network listed above that provides exclusive entertainment access for all cardholders.
Information about the Capital One Savor Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by Select and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of the card prior to publication.
- A third of 25- to 34-year-olds have student debt — here’s how other age groups stack upElizabeth Gravier
- The Chase Freedom Flex can help you earn 5% cash-back on gas purchases this summerBrett Holzhauer
- Americans believe it takes $2.2 million to 'be wealthy'—here's how much to invest to get thereJasmin Suknanan